Call for Abstracts – Submission Guidelines
The deadline to submit a late breaking Abstract – Friday, July 15, 2016
Submit an abstract for the Fifth Annual World Cutaneous Malignancies Congress (WCMC) Conference. This is an opportunity to share research, programs, and results with your peers. This session will facilitate communication among the various professionals and programs to advance the knowledge of all our members and those in attendance.
There are several categories of abstracts: therefore, please choose the category that best fits your abstract.
- Category I: Epidemiology and risk factors
- Category II: Molecular biology and pathogenesis—implications for therapy
- Category III: Current treatment guidelines and challenges
- Category IV: Emerging treatment options
- Category V: Ongoing pivotal clinical trials
- Category VI: Value-based care and cost issues
Submit your abstract to WCMC online by the due date, Friday, July 15, 2016. Faxed submissions will not be accepted. All submissions will be peer reviewed and the designated author of the abstract will be notified of acceptance for your poster, display, and/or presentation at the 2016 conference. We look forward to the discussions that those in attendance will have with the authors and representatives of the selected posters. All ideas are welcome for consideration.
Abstract and Poster Requirements
- Abstracts will be edited for spelling, grammar, and style. Edited versions of the abstract will be sent via e-mail to the designated contact author for final approval. If we do not receive a response from the designated author by the deadline stated in the e-mail, the abstract will be published as edited. Abstracts have a limit of 2500 characters (not including spaces) using a 10– or 12–point font and should not require more than one 8.5 x 11-inch page.
- Titles should include significant words that reflect the content of the abstract. Abstracts should adequately describe the background, objectives, methods, results, and conclusions of the research.
- Each abstract submission MUST HAVE the category and subcategory noted on it.
- Acronyms may be used in the title and text of abstracts if they are defined. Spell out the term at first mention and follow with the Acronym in parentheses.
- All abstracts must have: (a) title; (b) authors’ names; (c) designation of contact author; and (d) contact information of the designated author for the abstract and poster exhibit, including an e-mail address and a phone number. All abstracts must have at least one representative as a registered attendee at the conference.
- All abstracts submitted online will be considered. No actual posters should be sent for consideration.
- Notification of abstract acceptance will be made to the designated contact author prior to the conference.
- Poster size must not exceed 4 feet high by six feet wide (4’ x 6’).
- The designated author is responsible for turning their poster(s) in to the registration counter. Neither PMO Live nor their representatives assume responsibility for posters.
- All accepted abstracts will be placed on the PMO Live website and will be printed in the conference guide.
- Abstracts that do not meet the submission guidelines will be returned before being considered as a valid submission.
Permission to Reproduce
All accepted abstracts will be placed on the Personalized Medicine website under “2016 Conference Abstracts.” In addition, WCMC will publish all abstracts in the conference guide. By submitting an abstract, it is understood that the primary author has the permission of the coauthors to reproduce the abstract as written.